Friday, September 11, 2009

Look Up!

I learnt a very important lesson from my dad about communting when I was younger. "When you cross the harbour bridge, you drop down your newspaper and enjoy the view." Or textbook/magazine in my case.

It takes only 10 sec out of your day/what you are reading/ what you are talking about/while sleeping but can really alter your mood. Esp. if you are heading into the city, it really is the calm before the storm.

I now take heed from my dads advice and everytime i get on the bus I make sure I sit on the "correct"side of the bus so that as we cross the bridge, I am on the Opera House side.

Its something small but I dont like to take it for granted. Some people pay thousands of dollars just to get a glimpse of if and some poor others, well they will never get a glimpse of it at all!

1 comment:

Denise Duffield-Thomas said...

So true. I remember commuting every morning to Mac Uni and always taking the time over the bridge to look up from my book.

Good reminder Ayesha!